The company's purchasing objectives are to procure all goods and services in the most efficient and effective manner to meet user requirements. The following checklist outlines our objectives.
- Adhere to the highest ethical standards and foster strategic long term supplier relationships.
- Continuously source new products, services and equipment to improve value for our clients.
- Communicate market conditions, price movements, research and development efforts.
- Remain uncompromising on the four primary variables of price, quality, delivery service and source.
- Respond in a timely manner to all visitors, inquiries, quotes, and invoices for goods and services received.
- Obtain contract terms and conditions of purchase which protect the company's business and legal interests.
What we expect
At DMC Mining Services we value integrity and honesty. These principles are applied in the way we do business, the way we treat each other, and the people with whom we do business. We expect the same level of professionalism from our suppliers.Procurement Steps
When goods or services are required, our process of procurement will follow one or more of these steps.
RFI (Request for Information)
This step is not a request for pricing necessarily but a need for information to help determine the scope of product or service required for an application. This step may not lead to a request for quotation (RFQ) or request for Proposal (RFP).
RFP (Request for Proposal)
An RFP is used if we have a challenge or requirement which could be resolved by several different methods of which no clear solution is obvious. RFP's will allow suppliers to learn about our challenge and provide a solution, including pricing. This step may develop into more detailed discussions with one supplier which may then lead directly to a purchase order.
RFQ (Request for Quotation)
The RFQ is considered the formal step prior to awarding a purchase order or contract. In this case the specifications are clearly defined and all bidders, once qualified, will submit a quotation. In most cases, the intention will be to award the purchase order or contract to the lowest bidder. DMC Mining Services reserve the right to award or not award the contract to the lowest bidder, at our sole discretion.
Supplier Selection Criteria
Our goal is to have the best-in-kind suppliers for every commodity, product or services. These suppliers will share our standards for quality, customer commitment and continuous improvement.